Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving is upon us.

I was up all night last night checking the chamber temperature of the UDS every thirty minutes, and cleaning up the house waiting for Baby Davy to come home.  This morning at 10, went to go pick up the wife and baby and brought them home.  Come to find out, the couple who were coming over for dinner may not be coming after all.  Oh well, more turkey sammiches for me!

At about 830 I took the turkey out of the smoker and put it in a roasting pan and covered it with foil added a cup of water and threw 2T of butter over the top.  Threw it in the oven at 250 so I didn't have to watch it while I went to the hospital.
When we got home I temped it and it was at a perfect 165 so I took it out, removed the shish-kabob skewers that were holding the skin together and wrapped it in foil and a towel.  Heated up the faux-cambro and dropped that bird right in.
Still waiting on the wife to tell me what to go to the store to get in addition to the turkey so.... I will tell you the results of this turkey cooking tale when I have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment