Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Turkey Smoking Part 1

I want to smoke a Turkey for Thanksgiving.  First thing being first, I wanted to test everything out before I actually ruined Thanksgiving with a subpar smoked turkey.

After visiting smoker-cooking.com I found what I believed to be a good recipe for a brining soulution.  One change I did make was I used 2T of cayenne because, my wife, trying to hurry up the labor wants things Spicy.  With the turkey sitting in the brine and me thurougly disgusted from peeling skin from breast I wait.  Not wanting to mix up a new rub, I plan on using the rub from all of my previous rib smokes which I found at amazingribs.com.  I thought that I was going to be smoking up the Pre-Turkey today, but I ended up having watch today until 1530.  Hopefully I have tomorrow off so I can get this Turkey party started!

No comments:

Post a Comment