Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What to be thankful for!

Early Tuesday morning my wife went into labour.  However awesome it was, which it was, this meant that the bird had to be brined for a few extra hours.  It also meant that the dog had to stay locked up for a good 12 hours, but he seemed to have survived without too much mental distress.  Back to the Turkey, got home late Tuesday and didn't feel like de-brining the turkey and rubbing it down, which meant that I had to do it Wednesday.
After rinsing and rubbing the turkey down, I started up the UDS.  Got some good smoke going and a good temp and threw the bird on.  I weaved some bacon threw it on top of the turkey so it will be extra delicious.  I've heard not to mix meats while you're cooking, but I figure, as long as I get the Pork up to the temp that the Poultry needs to get to to be safe, then everything will be hunky dory.  Only about 9 more hours of smoking to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment